One on One Needs Assessments
– A needs assessment is a part of the planning process, often used for improvement in individuals, education/training, organizations, or communities. It can refine and improve a product such as a training or service a client receives. It can be an effective tool to clarify problems and identify appropriate interventions or solutions.
– By clearly identifying the problem, specific resources can be directed towards developing and implementing a feasible and applicable solution.
– Gathering appropriate and sufficient data informs the process of developing an effective product that will address the groups needs and wants. It involves:
1. Gathering information about health and wellness (facts and opinions)
2. Gathering information about health and community resources (assets)
3. Determining patient wellness priorities
4. Building partnerships to work on addressing wellness and health needs using the assets and resources available to the patient