Click on the titles below for more information
Fitting for Braces and Supports– The concept of orthopedic bracing is meant to stabilize, support, and protect injuries. Braces and supports can correct biomechanical imbalances, are alternatives to surgical treatment, provide post-operative protection, allow for functional movement and can even help prevent reinjuring the affected area. They come in a multitude of fabrics and materials to provide a range of compression, breathability, and rigidity.
– Right Fit Medical carries a comprehensive selection of over-the-counter bracing, supports, compression socks, and custom knee bracing. They focus on finding the best “product to client” match possible to maximize patient compliance and outcomes.
– They will work in collaboration with your referring health care practitioner and provide one-on-one attention to ensure that the prescribed brace allows for comfortable movement and optimal function & support.
– A detailed discussion with you about your specific situation and how using a support, brace or other orthotic device will fit into your life.
– Measurements will be taken
Fitting for Compression Therapy– Unlike traditional dress or athletic stockings and socks, compression stockings use stronger elastics to create significant pressure on the legs, ankles and feet. Compression stockings are tightest at the ankles and gradually become less constrictive towards the knees and thighs. By compressing the surface veins, arteries and muscles, the circulating blood is forced through narrower circulatory channels. As a result, the arterial pressure is increased, which causes more blood to return to the heart and less blood to pool in the feet.
– Compression stockings are a specialized hosiery, designed to help prevent the occurrence of and guard against further progression of venous disorders such as edema, phlebitis and thrombosis. Compression stockings are elastic garments worn around the leg, compressing the limb. This reduces the diameter of distended veins and causes an increase in venous blood flow velocity and valve effectiveness. Compression therapy helps decrease venous pressure, prevents venous stasis and impairments of venous walls, and relieves heavy and aching legs.
– In order to work properly, compression stockings must fit correctly and contain the appropriate level of compression. Whether you are buying off the shelf compression stockings or require more specialized products, the staff at Right Fit Medical can help. We will work with you and/or your physician to ensure the proper fit, use, maintenance and care.
Special OrderingDo you require a unique or hard to find product? Right Fit Medical is here to help. We specialize in finding the right product for your specific needs. We can order from any manufacturer and will take the time to meet with you and make sure you purchase the most effective product to meet your needs.
One on One Needs Assessments– A needs assessment is a part of the planning process, often used for improvement in individuals, education/training, organizations, or communities. It can refine and improve a product such as a training or service a client receives. It can be an effective tool to clarify problems and identify appropriate interventions or solutions.
– By clearly identifying the problem, specific resources can be directed towards developing and implementing a feasible and applicable solution.
– Gathering appropriate and sufficient data informs the process of developing an effective product that will address the groups needs and wants. It involves:
1. Gathering information about health and wellness (facts and opinions)
2. Gathering information about health and community resources (assets)
3. Determining patient wellness priorities
4. Building partnerships to work on addressing wellness and health needs using the assets and resources available to the patient
TENS Therapy Trial
Drug Plan Administration– We will contact your drug plan for you and find out if the product or service you need is a benefit of your plan.
– If possible we will bill your plan directly and you will only be required to pay any applicable deductibles or copays.
– If you have a plan that requires you to submit receipts for reimbursement, store financing may be available.
– Additionally, we keep a patient specific database for all purchases. This enables us to reprint receipts for income tax purposes if required.